In response to community need and member interest, HCA will launch in January 2016 a twelve-month training program for home health agencies interested in creating and sustaining a program to provide behavioral health services under the Medicare home health benefit. Based on work originally piloted at the VNS of New York, this project will provide learning and tools to put in place both the clinical competencies and administrative infrastructure. The project will feature onsite clinical training for at least five nurses per participant agency as well as diagnosis specific care guide and implementation manuals.
The objectives of this training are as follows:
• Learn how to provide Behavioral Health Home Care and get staff trained.
• Allow your agency to provide Behavioral Health Home Care during the year of the project
• Improve patients care for clients with mental health conditions
• Improve overall patient outcomes, including re-hospitalization, ER utilization and compliance.
• Enhance your position in your service area, provide a new Niche of care and grow revenue.
For additional information, see the Behavioral Health Brochure, or view this recorded webinar*. Agencies interested in participating in the project should contact Megan Fournier at firstname.lastname@example.org for contracting information.
*View webinar handouts here