November 24, 2015
On Thursday, December 3, 12:00 – 1:00 PM, the Home Care Alliance will offer a one-hour virtual overview of the current home health IT utilization trends across the Commonwealth.
Throughout the summer and fall, a team from the Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) developed and distributed a statewide home health HIT adoption survey aimed at identifying and remediating gaps. The survey process, along with an action plan to increase HIT adoption among home health providers, will be presented on this webinar.
Home health, along with other behavioral health and long term care providers did not receive incentives under the Health Information Technology or Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act and American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA) which hospitals and eligible professionals have used to offset costs related to adoption health IT. The anticipation that new care and payment models, such as Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), might support the cost of health IT adoption among “non-incentivized providers,” has been realized only in the most limited of fashions.
While the industry continues to lobby for IT funding for long term care in future phases of “meaningful use,” The Alliance, in partnership with MAeHC and the Massachusetts eHealth Institute (MeHI), has taken steps to better position home health agencies to demonstrate their value proposition as connected partners.
This event is FREE and open to any interested party. (Note: HCA will be offering a special webinar for members who participated in the survey.)
Please click here to register. https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/921473577991975937.
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.
November 10, 2015
The Home Care Alliance is hosting two great conferences in the next coming weeks. Check out the information below to learn more about next weeks Private Care Conference and the Financial Conference being held on December 1st.
The 2015 Private Care Conference is just a little over a week out but it is not too late to register! Come out to the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA on Thursday, November 19th to listen to a stellar line-up of speakers.
Topics to be covered include:
- Recruitment & Retention with Maggie Keen of myCNAjobs.com
- Advocacy with HCA’s own James Fuccione
- Sales & Marketing with Merrily Orsini of CoreCubed
- Technology with Michael Radice of ChartaCloud
- and Wage & Hour Compliance with Anita Maietta of the AG’s Office
Click to see the full Private Care Agenda and Registration
To register online, click here.
HCA is proud to announce the office agenda for the annual Financial Management Conference being held on December 1st at the Waltham Woods Conference Center in Waltham, MA. Value Based Purchasing … ACO Contracting … Post-Acute Transitions … Agency CEOs and CFOs face a rapidly-evolving financial environment that brings huge challenges. Gain tools and knowledge to help your agency succeed and thrive, from nationally-recognized expert speakers such as:
- Teresa Lee of the Alliance for Home Health Quality & Innovation
- Chris Attaya of Strategic Healthcare Programs
- Rob Simione of Simione Healthcare Consultants
- Jeanne Ryan, MA, OTR, MBA
- and Jessica Hatch of MAeHC
Click to see the Financial Conference Agenda and Registration
To register online click here.
For any questions contact Megan Fournier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-482-8830.
November 2, 2015
As a leader in home care, you are charged with piloting uncharted terrain in a rapidly unfolding health care delivery and payment environment. Value-based purchasing, federal star ratings, bundled payments and regulatory changes dot the landscape with potential pitfalls creating what seems like an impossible operation. The 14th Annual Northeast Home Health Leadership Summit has gathered intelligence from across the country to offer you the inspiration, strategies, insights and tools you need to make this mission… POSSIBLE!
Mission: Possible Agents & Training Highlights
- Sharing insights and lessons learned through her experience as a first responder at the Boston marathon bombing, Natalie Stavas, named 2013 Bostonian of the Year by The Boston Globe, will teach you how to flex your leadership muscles by running towards chaos.
- Robert Fazzi, PhD and Tim Ashe, MS, MBA from Fazzi will guide you on successfully navigating the inevitable changes in health care and what these changes mean to every agency in the country.
- Armed with findings of the American Hospital Association’s soon-to-be-released report on the operational and policy changes facing the post-acute care marketplace Rochelle M. Archuleta, MSHA, MBA will provide attendees with a national roadmap for acute/post-acute collaboration.
- Grammy-nominated musician Angus Clark of Song Division will lead the final mission on creating a culture of innovation through his interactive session demonstrating how to cultivate group cohesiveness and productivity in your agency to innovate and succeed.
Click to view the newly released NELS 2016 Brochure.
For full mission details or to sign up and join the home health leadership go-team visit: www.nehomehealthsummit.com