Guest Blog Post
by Christine Batista, Public Policy & Communications Associate, ‘The Caring Force’
The Caring Force has officially launched the 2015 Broadcast Your Love of Human Services video contest. And this year, the contest will take place on Instagram!
A few of us here at The Caring Force took the initiative to broadcast OUR love of human services by posting a video on our Instagram page. Now it’s your turn!
Get ready to Broadcast Your Love for Human Services by grabbing your phone and having some fun. Simply create a 15-second video, post it on Instagram, tag @thecaringforce and use the hashtag #BroadcastYourLove. In addition to your Instagram post, be sure to fill out the form on our Broadcast Your Love of Human Services Video Contest Homepage.
There is so much you can do in 15 seconds – all you need is a little creativity and a phone!
Here are just a few ideas:
- Tell us why you love what you do.
- Talk about the difference that human services makes in the lives of the people you serve.
- Describe your advocacy experience. Did you attend our rally? Did you get a response from your legislator?
- Tell us why you think it is important that human service workers come together to rally for our shared goals.
- And most importantly, have fun!
Submissions will then be shared by The Caring Force Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts after the video submission deadline. The number of likes and retweets for each submission will be tallied as votes.
As always, each of the three finalists — selected by your votes and our panel — will receive two complimentary passes to our 40th Annual Convention & Expo: 40 Years Forward, and be entered to win a VISA Gift Card for your organization.
So start brainstorming and posting your video! You can share your video on Instagram from now until September 14. But don’t wait too long!
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.