The MA Department of Public Health, Division of Health Care Quality, recently announced in Circular Letter 12-12-577 effective January 1, 2013, certified facilities, agencies and providers will be required to submit Plans of Correction (POC) by email for all statements of deficiencies.
DPH has created three email addresses to ensure that POCs can be submitted to the appropriate surveyors and regions for review:
- Re-certification Surveys: HCQCertPOC@MassMail.State.MA.US
- Complaints & Enforcement: HCQComplaintPOC@MassMail.State.MA.US
- Licensure: HCQLicensePOC@MassMail.State.MA.US
Detailed instructions for the submission of POCs by email, including the specific email address to which the POC should be sent, will be included in the cover letter to the facility for each Statement of Deficiency.
The following must be observed when submitting POCs by email:
- Title the email “[Facility/agency name] POC for Survey Ending [date of survey]
- Scan the POC, signed and dated, separately from any supporting documentation
- Scan the POC and supporting documentation as separate .pdf files
- Name the scanned files using the facility name and ending date of the survey
- Do not send a hard copy of the POC by mail or fax when emailing a POC
When the POC is received at the appropriate email address, the agency/provider will receive an automated response indicating that the POC has been received. Addressing the email with a facility name and date of survey will generate an auto-reply email which will serve as a receipt for the initial submission of a POC, and indicate that the POC has been received by the Department and is being processed for review.
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.