The Joint Commission recently released their 2013 Home Care National Patient Safety Goals. The goals were originally established in 2002 to help accredited healthcare organizations address patient safety concerns. The goals focus on problems in health care safety and how to solve them. They are developed and updated by the Patient Safety Advisory Group, made up of healthcare professionals with hands-on experience in addressing patient safety issues.
Home Care Safety Goals
- Improve the accuracy of patient identification.
- Improve the safety of using medications.
- Reduce the risk of health care–associated infections.
- Reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls.
- The organization identifies safety risks inherent in its patient population.
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org.