Many older home care patients have one or more chronic illnesses and take numerous medications complicating the task of medication management. If you’re a frontline nurse manager, clinical director, QI/QA officer or certified clinical case manager, this online course can help you find practical ways to monitor a patient’s medication regimen.
This 4 unit, self-paced course:
- Incorporates real-time data to assess your team’s performance and measure improvement; You can also compare your progress with others taking the course.
- Describes the impact of medication-related problems in older adults
- Simplifies the 3-step medication reconciliation process with practical tools
- Walks you through the SBAR technique so you can effectively communicate with physicians
- Enables you to apply each lesson with your team members; 81% of previous participants said their staff’s geriatric medication management clinical skills improved as a result
About the Course
- CHAMP launches new site Designed for frontline nurse managers, clinical directors, QI/QA officers, and clinical case managers
- 10 CE hours for registered nurses and certified clinical case managers
Early Bird Special (20% discount now through 6/30/11):
$149 $119 per participant
$109 $87 per participant for members of one of the following state associations:
• California Association for Health Services at Home
• Georgia Association for Home Health Agencies
• Home Care Alliance of Massachusetts
• HomeCare Association of Arkansas
• Home Care Association of Florida
• Home Care Association of New Hampshire
• Home Care Association of New York State
• Home Care Association of Washington
• MHA: An Association of Montana Health Care Providers
• New Mexico Association for Home and Hospice Care
• Pennsylvania Home Care Association
• Rhode Island Partnership for Home Care, Inc.
Click this link, Geriatric Medication Management Course, for more information and to register.
Return to www.thinkhomecare.org